San Franciso , United States
10 months ago
Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people’s behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team in building the core components of our software. You will work on challenging projects using cutting-edge technologies. You will work closely with the Solutions Architect on a wide range of problems. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring quality, improving consumer products, and understanding the behavior of end-users. You will be the subject matter expert and propose new ideas.
Who you are:
You have a strong ability to analyze complex technical issues. You communicate effectively both orally and in writing and can translate technical topics into a commonly understood vernacular. You are able to work independently but have great collaboration skills. You enjoy being part of a focused team that can get the job done on time. You are a motivated learner who is excited to share your knowledge with the team.
You regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results. You believe in what you do and feel a vested interest the company’s success.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering)
- 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / computational biologist / bioinformatician / data scientist), including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods. *Analytical engagements outside class work while at school can be included.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- You are creative and have great problem-solving abilities.
- You are collaborative, performing well as part of a team, and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You work well under pressure and meet deadlines by strong prioritization.
- You communicate well both orally and in writing.
- You negotiate effectively, finding the win-win solution to problems.
- You proactively solicit feedback, ask clarifying questions and resolve issues in a non-confrontational way.
- You regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results.
- You believe in what you do and feel a vested interest the company’s success.