Grosse Pointe, United States
9 months ago
Location: Lake County, Chicago (North)
Job Description: As a Technical Architect, responsible for interpreting client requirements, business processes, and use cases to produce quality technical designs in the implementation, enhancement and support of Magento-centric eCommerce projects. Provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that both the process is followed and the solution that is delivered is consistent with client development policies and standards. Closely work with clients to understand their business and their existing technologies, and using your knowledge of Magento, web applications and integration techniques, design a complete solution for the integration, extension or enhancement of the Magento platform.
As part of a project team, work with project teams to turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specifications. You will work with the project tech leads to assign those tasks to the project team, run sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings. Act as Magento subject matter expert and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers. You are expected to stay abreast of web technologies and share new ideas and techniques that are relevant to the eCommerce space. You will also be asked to participate in internal process improvements to our software development life cycle. Generally you will not be writing code, but are expected to fully understand code and help developers troubleshoot code issues and algorithms, as well as how to leverage object oriented techniques.
As a Technical Architect, you will participate in the sales presales process, communicating with prospective clients about our processes, potential architectures for their solutions, and estimating level of effort for projects Travel and coordination with offshore teams
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with the Magento 2 platform
- 2+ years of experience in a client facing role
- 2+ years of experience leading project teams, experience working with offshore teams a plus
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and different approaches to it
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills