sunrise, United States
3 months ago
Sr Engineer – Python ML
Our client is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to craft our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and dream to deliver creative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe, join our team!
We are seeking a Senior Engineer to support the Global Servicing Big Data technical organization responsible for the Big Data and Machine Learning technical solutions to meet the analytics and insights needs of our World Service organization. As a Senior Engineer, you will provide deep technical knowledge and architectural design mentorship at a platform and portfolio level. You will also function as a key contributing engineer and architect on large/complex projects with a variety of components on different tech stacks –proprietary Big Data ecosystem (Cornerstone), Redhat Openshift, Python.
- Hands-on technical projects; Apply analysis based on research and introspection to recommend solutions.
- Design and lead solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio.
- Ensure architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that implementations are aligned with the Technical Platform’s Blueprint specifications.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Contribute to technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Frequently collaborate with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and demonstrate solutions.
- Focused effort on delivering enterprise-grade APIs to expose Technical Platform capabilities.
- Apply specialized knowledge of industry standards or practices to assigned initiatives.
- Identify complex and or broad problems and issues and formulate recommendations.
- Interact with business partners to better understand their objectives and help them understand the technical landscape.
- Extend business product innovation through the introduction, adoption and implementation of technology.
- 6+ years of active engineering and/or architecture experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience.
- Successful design, creation and deployment of one or more enterprise-grade technology assets, including integration of cross-platform solutions in an Agile product environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Expertise and proven hands on working experiencing in the Python scripting language, at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Solid knowledge with Python libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, NLTK.
- 2+ years’ experience with leading teams of Python engineers
- Ability to collaborate with designers to convert prototype into working applications that adhere to the design vision
- Deep understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Experience in batch, streaming and real-time platforms.
- Experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages, open source tools and products and financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
- Shown experience in Big Data and Machine Learning technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, pySpark, Kafka, Hive, MapReduce as plus.