Tampa, United States
9 months ago
The Sr. Machine Learning Engineer collaborates with the team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts in creating scalable, data-driven, customer-centric solutions, capable of operating in a production environment. This role possesses an in-depth subject matter expertise of design, Machine Learning, AI/Deep Learning, software development, coding, testing and application programming and assists in
aligning business and functional requirements with Data Science capabilities. They also demonstrate expertise in Machine Learning tools, Big Data technologies, and software build processes and guides the team towards rapid deployment and scaling up of our Machine Learning capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides the technical expertise and support to ensure that data products function effectively in a production environment.
- Design workflows that manage the development, support, and release of production level code.
- Works closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to develop predictive algorithms.
- Operationalizes applications into stable builds which can then be deployed to the cloud.
- Designs systems, alerts, and dashboards to monitor data products in production.
- Accesses data from a variety of sources, including RDMS, NoSQL, or API.
- Supports the Data Engineer and Architecture teams in defining the long-term technology roadmap for the team.
- Advocates a testing first strategy to integrate A/B testing into all levels of product development.
- Creates measurement systems to continuously evaluate the performance of data products.
- Decomposes highly complex problem statements into specific deliverables and requirements.
- Leads technology evaluations; creates prototypes for scalable Machine Learning Solutions using the latest methods and technologies.
- Leads program review sessions and collaborative exercises to build the team's overall analytical capability.
- Mentors junior team members and provides constructive critique on specific projects.
The Sr. Machine Learning Engineer does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but they are expected to demonstrate leadership and mentor other team members.
The idea candidate possesses the following qualifications.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying enterprise scale Machine Learning solutions.
- Expertise working with large scale distributed systems (Hadoop, Spark).
- Advanced programming skills with Python, Scala, or R,
- Strong SQL skills and is comfortable operating with relational data models and structure.
- Advanced skills with NoSQL databases and can interact with large amounts of data stored in a Hadoop environment.
- Is capable of accessing data via a variety of API/RESTful services.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflows and supporting applications.
- Expertise in cloud environments and architectures.
- The ability to work collaboratively with remote teams.
- Experience with containerization using tools such as Docker.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Bash. Can interact with the OS at the command line and create shell scripts to automate workflows.
- Advanced understanding of software development and collaboration, including experience with tools such as Git.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting in front of non-technical audiences.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters Degree or PhD. in a Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or otherwise research-based field; 5-7 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The candidate must be able to communicate with others in a simple, clear, and understandable manner. Must also have the ability to read and interpret all forms of communication. The ability to write reports for management and professional correspondence, as well as to speak effectively before peers, management, customers, and other associates of the organization is required.