Miami, United States
8 months ago
Position Summary: The Sr. Programmer/Developer - Oracle PL/SQL independently creates and develops new business process improvement initiatives and leads teams to implement solutions to complex multi-department problems; formulating the analysis and metrics required to measure success. Working with management, develops strategies, reports, training and tools to align projects with overall department goals. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and implements new solutions to business processes. This includes requirements gathering, analysis, development, implementation, and testing of advanced database procedures and online web tools to deliver an efficient product to the business. Also includes reviewing external tools and technologies to implement.
• Communicates with Contact Center management on developing the tools, reports, and applications necessary to achieve tactical and strategic objectives
• Drive efficiency improvements and technical improvements to our PL/SQL jobs and systems.
• Design and implement complex Oracle PL/SQL procedures and packages against various production databases. Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of data structures.
• Enhances existing tools, develops new tools, and pro-actively performs research to provide new applications for the business
•Designs, develops, and implements software packages for web sites
• Troubleshoots, debugs and implements software code
•Attends meetings and interacts with business groups throughout the organization on a regular basis to provide recommendations to improve process flow and management
• Development and monitoring of data migration/transfer processes utilizing SQL Server, flat file manipulation, FTP utilization, and UNIX servers
• Think creatively and holistically to not only meet business objectives, but also to gain additional benefits in job and system enhancements.
• Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management Qualifications:
• Master's degree in MIS, Industrial Engineering, or Statistics preferred.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required (in MIS, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Statistics helpful).
• 3+ years of work experience in related field preferred.
•Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Ability to lead cross functional teams to achieve business objectives based on an understanding of user requirements, procedures, and problems relating to the processing or improvement of existing computer systems and information structures.
• Able to independently formulate recommendations, action programming directives and balance a variety of tasks
• Ability to effectively present information to executive management and public groups.
• PL/SQL and Oracle database experience required. Experience in SAS, .NET and UNIX desired.
• Strong business skills required.
• Strong quantitative analysis skills and knowledge of applied statistics, optimization, and modeling - knowledge of SAS is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement applications using a programming language, especially PL/SQL.
• Demonstrated ownership of projects and work, tenacity in following through on details and exploring remaining implications
• Must be able to manage time and projects efficiently and make important decisions autonomously
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to business and technical audiences in both spoken and written formats is necessary