New York, United States
9 months ago
Based in New York City and reporting to the SVP of Technology & Engineering the VP Digital Services will lead and drive: digital content development, digital/social engagement, eCommerce, digital Marketing & Operations, design, and engineering/technology teams to create and grow business value. This position implements a full lifecycle digital strategy, including: customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and conversion to commerce that supports business objectives. The VP will lead online content distribution channels and stores across business units and partner with Business Units to create a true omni-channel customer experience. Functions that report to this VP, include:
- eCommerce Strategy & BU Alignment
- Social Media Services and Capabilities Supporting BUs with a focus on engagement for Parents and Teachers
- Digital Customer Experience and Content development for Parents and Teachers Channels
- Digital Marketing & Online Operations
- Design and UI/UX Research and Development
- ECommerce, Marketing, and Web Platform Engineering
- Directs the development, communication, and implementation of a wide digital experience and ecommerce strategy
- Ensures high quality, customer centric, and aligned implementation of digital strategies across all business units
- Drives customer acquisition and grows revenue through integrated digital and marketing initiatives including SEO, SEM, email, affinity/affiliate marketing partnerships, and social media
- Builds and leverage high quality editorial Teacher and Parent content to create new customer acquisition capabilities for lines of business and convert those customers through commerce
- Works closely with Business Units and Corporate Communications to ensure consistency of the brand voice in all digital communications
- Ensures qualified traffic is being driven to web properties through online acquisition programs.
- Optimize paid and organic search campaigns using tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook ad manager, Conductor, and etc.
- Manage vendor and agency relationships to ensure quality and efficiency of services and deliverables, providing with a high return on investment
- Set and achieve ROI goals for digital customer acquisition initiatives and digital content development initiatives. Identify critical investments to accelerate growth.
- Lead analysis through use of comprehensive Web and eCommerce analytics
- In collaboration with business units, lead the design, integration, and implementation of a digital loyalty program for audiences.
- Deliver robust technology platforms for eCommerce, digital content, social engagement, and analytics.
- Drive marketing automation to reduce manual, non-value add processes and bring clarity to the customer journey and cost/return of acquisition and retention
- Stay abreast of key eCommerce technology trends and make appropriate recommendations for the eCommerce platform and digital content platforms to improve the content to commerce conversion process.
- Ensures an excellent digital customer experience through customer-centric design, mobile first design, rich content, navigation, branding, system architecture, design, performance, quality, and functionality
The successful candidate will possess the appropriate educational credentials (a combination of technical and business/marketing degrees would be ideal) coupled with extensive experience in building digital content, brand identify, social engagement, and commerce channels. Along with this a strong grounding in the design, technology, and engineering foundations that build a strong digital customer experience.
- 10+ years of experience with digital content and commerce in a consumer driven business
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, engineering, business, or marketing – Advanced degree preferred (a combination of technology and business degrees is ideal)
- A prior role that demonstrates the ability to use digital content and social engagement to drive and grow commerce.
- Track record for designing and executing complex and well-coordinated initiatives with integrated multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience leading a multi-function digital organization with 50+ team members.
- Strategic thinking with experience building best-in-class digital content and eCommerce capabilities
- Proven track record of innovation in creating digital customer experiences
- Current on leading edge technologies and digital strategies to grow customer engagement and commerce conversions
- Understands the nuances and challenges of building an omni-channel digital strategy in an organization with strong vertical business units.
- Subject Matter Expert in eCommerce and well-versed in digital strategy with experience in using digital content to acquire customers and drive them to commerce
- Ability to foster an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration among business units
- Experience leading technology and engineering teams
- Experience in an agile product development model
- Ability to create a vision for how can best create an industry leading digital experience that drives commerce
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead by influence and drive effective change in an organization.
- Ability to identify and implement metrics that are critical to measuring the effectiveness of an enterprise digital strategy.
- Ability to hire, train, and grow top talent in the Digital, Content, and Commerce disciplines.
The VP Digital Experience and Commerce will be an intellectual and action oriented executive capable of representing the corporation at senior levels within the corporation and the customer community. She/he will have the ability to understand others’ points of view, persuade and influence others, and obtain their commitment and support. The emphasis of the department will be on partnering relationships in spirit and practice.