Bring your strong software engineering and cloud skills to our team and work with modern technology deploying microservices to the cloud. Work directly with our business and learn about the financial services industry as you deliver technology solutions for our global asset management business.
As a Software Developer, you will deliver the software solutions which empower our people and clients to innovate and invest for a better future. Collaborating with colleagues across the globe, you’ll work with a variety of modern technologies all built on our cloud-based infrastructure.
You’ll have the satisfaction of seeing the software development process through from start to finish and the impact of your solutions as they bring opportunities to life. You will be involved from understanding the opportunity and the business case, through to prototyping requirements and delivering the final solution. You’ll design, make technology decisions, ensure security by design, code, document, test performance, and provide support. There is no aspect that you won’t be involved with.
Developing our teams is important and you can impact our team by mentoring, learning and building reusable code. Our online learning platform allows you to build both technical and soft skills. Connect with others, in the office or online, through our employee network groups and regional programs. Many of our team have moved roles internally and taken advantage of the strong internal mobility culture we have.
We are looking for people with the following experience and skills to join our team:
- Proven engineering skills with the ability to work in Python using AWS to build data pipelines and microservices.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of relational database with SQL and/or non-relation database
- Understanding of Design Patterns, Testing methodologies and overall SDLC.
- Comfortable proposing designs, gather feedback from others, build solutions with reusability in mind and documenting / explain how the solution works.
- Comprehension of security, including authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with Linux, Shell Scripting, load balancing and basic networking.
- Building solutions considering user experience, automation, security, performance, resilience, cost, scale and reusability
It would be additionally helpful if you have any of the following skills or experience:
- Airflow, containers / Kubernetes, GitOps / ArgoCD and Vault.
- Data Lake, Data Warehouse