Strategy & Planning
• Must be able to acquire and interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts, and determine the most efficient/appropriate solution design.
• Work with the Enterprise, Domain, Solution, and System Architecture teams to interpret, modify and/or produce documented integration application frameworks or architectures for global deployments.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a Subject Matter Expert of the technical team.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Deliver integration solutions leveraging the capability of SOA, Microservice, and ETL expertise for clients across application processes while adhering to the enterprise architecture, data security and data management standards.
• Take a lead role in implementing integration solutions leveraging tools within Dell Boomi, Oracle Fusion Middleware suite, and Talend Open Data Studio.
• Extend core service functionality through deep Java development knowledge, including J2EE design patterns.
• Help business users develop functional requirements for integration.
• Write integration test scripts and provide support during user acceptance testing.
• Prepare documentation for code changes.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Support ongoing daily use of ETL environments and Integrations platforms.
• Enable citizen integration patterns where practical through guide-rail development, data governance tools, and hands-on guidance.
• Manage incidents in a timely fashion with full accountability for root-cause resolution.
• Research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Mentoring and coaching developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Technical Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Analyze performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employee opportunity policy.
• Travel up to 5% may be required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• 5+ years experience with the entire software development lifecycle i.e., requirements, design, implementation, integration testing, deployment and post production support.
• 3+ years experience building file-sourced ETL feeds on Talend Open Data Studio.
• 2+ years developing ETL between at least two of the following formats: CSV, XML, JSON, Database.
• 2+ years developing or administering solutions in an enterprise application platform such as Java EE.
• Advanced understanding of XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, and WSDL versioning best practices.
• Advanced understanding of Enterprise RDBMS, ER Diagrams, and developing SQL programs.
• Strong ability in designing reusable and highly performant solutions.
• Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware, including Oracle Service Bus and Oracle SOA Suite.
• Experience with Dell Boomi Integration Platform-as-a-Service.
• Excellent understanding of development / documentation of RESTful APIs, including documented experience developing Swagger/OpenAPI Documentation.
• Experience developing, securing, and optimizing data feeds using public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience in creating Proxy and Business Services on an Enterprise Service Bus to handle Virtualization, Throttling and Protocol Translations.
• Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture concepts.
• Strong understanding of Microservices concepts.
• Fundamental understanding of API Gateway / API Manager concepts.
• Knowledge of authentication utilizing LDAP compliant technologies and authorization through SAML tokens.
• Experience in creating/maintaining deployments using ANT or MAVEN scripts.
• Experience in working in an Agile development environment.