As the Technical Program Manager, you will report to the Director of Project Management and will continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most important technical problems.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers to plan, maintain, and prioritize engineering work via the Engineering JIRA board
- Collaborate with the Senior Product Manager to plan, maintain, and prioritize product work via the Product JIRA board
- Execute the Scrum Master role, including running daily/weekly scrum ceremonies for both Engineering and Product teams
- Facilitate technical discussions/decisions for the program
- Liaison with internal teams and outside vendors for technical specification documentation
- Create and maintain technical artifacts (roadmaps, project plans, capacity planning, technical workflows, etc)
- Manage technical release planning in collaboration with engineering and product management
- Develop a status and reporting structure that is consistent with agile principles that also gives insight into progress toward the business outcomes
- Work with key stakeholders to define and gather requirements
- Build trust based partnerships, communicate progress across organizational boundaries and levels from individual contributor to senior executive
Required Experience & Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Project Management for large-scale initiatives.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project/product management tools like Jira.
- Good understanding of machine learning, data analytics, rule-based systems, and software architecture
- Experience building products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs by defining and aligning on clear requirements, working with a cross-disciplinary team of software engineers, product managers, designers, UX researchers.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with many different personality types
- Ability to identify risks to timelines, escalate as necessary and propose mitigation strategies
- Highly attentive to driving maximum efficiency from a team, with the ability to eliminate cruft while preaching simplicity